Monday 7 November 2011

Inspirational Text


For another inspirational text for the magazine advert, I have chosen the one above which is advertising The Verve's single 'Love is Noise'. 

This magazine advert is completely different to the other ones I have chosen for inspirational texts. It has a different layout, different kind of image, etc. The reason I have done this is to add some variation to the inspirational texts on my blog and to show the options me and my group are considering for the advert. 

Although this is different to our flat plan for our advert, I still believe it keeps with the theme of our project. The colour palette for this magazine advertisement is quite limited, which is what we are aiming for and the image is quite vintage looking. It looks as though there has been a sepia effect added to the image which is what we will be adding to our video so, again, it keeps with the theme. The image covers the whole of the page which actually gives a good effect and helps elaborate the detail of the photograph.
There are two different fonts used on the advertisement; the signature font of the band name and the font used to give details at the bottom of the page. I feel this is quite a traditional technique when it comes to adverts such as these; we have tried using a few different fonts on our advertisement but it doesn't seem to be fitting so we will be trying just two different fonts. 
Overall the advertisement is quite minimal but really sets a tone and it would definitely catch my attention in a magazine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment