Monday 10 October 2011

Inspirational Text - Album Art



Whilst looking on the internet for examples of album art, I came across the two above that have inspired me and my group to rethink our album cover. We have already designed our flat plan for the album cover but we are constantly trying to improve upon our idea to get the best out of our project!

The first album cover is for the Deftones album named Diamond Eyes. This caught my attention as soon as I saw it, I find the detail of the owl amazing! I also love how it is in mid-flight and think it really captures the moment perfectly. The colour palette is very minimal which I think keeps the overall feel of the cover quite professional, which is what we are planning on doing with ours.

However, the chances of us managing to get a photo like this are quite low! This is where the next album cover caught my attention, which is an album by an artist named Robyn called Indestructable. The actress we are featuring in our music video actually has a tattoo covering her right shoulder; the tattoo is an image of a large feather which has little pieces falling off the feather which transform into birds flying away. The above image is a perfect inspirational text for this idea as if we were able to get the actress to stand in a similar pose/position as Robyn, we feel we could get a really strong photo for our album art!

No comments:

Post a Comment